Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13th. 2015: Put in a Three-Some Again and Praying for his Investigators

Hello Family!
Thanks for the email. I especially enjoyed the Branchy moments haha.  I love hearing how every thing is doing at home.
 I'm doing great and I've had a great week.  On Monday night, Elder Cruz got the call that he was being emergency transferred, so he took off on Tuesday morning.  He got transferred to the office to be mission recorder.  He will be taking over for Elder Seeds.  Anyways, that puts Elder Palzario, Elder Gan, and I in a tripanionship until the transfer day on April 22. It's kind of funny because this is my second time in a tripanionship with Elder Gan. The first one was in Culasi when Elder Boligao left me to be AP.  We are having a lot of fun though.  
I really enjoyed General Conference this weekend.  It seemed to me that a lot of talks on Saturday were about families and then on Sunday it was a lot about the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement.  Sunday felt a lot more like Easter to me than actual Easter did, which I appreciated. It helped me reflect on the Atonement and the Resurrection a lot more.  We have also had a death in the ward here this last week and later tonight is her funeral and I will be speaking at it I guess, so I will use a lot of what I took in this weekend in my talk.  Elder Gan will also have the opportunity to dedicate the grave which is kind of neat for him to get to have that experience.  
Our investigators are all doing well and it looks to me that we will for sure be having some baptisms in the up coming months.  We are teaching one father who is the father of a part-member family and working with him has been one of my favorite investigators. He is addicted to cigarettes, but is really close to giving it up right now.  It's cool because he is very sincere when we meet with us. He is honest to us, and he has really been humbled when he realized that he needs to change his life around.  He family is giving him great support.   He really wants to be a good father and to not let his family down.  It is pretty cool.   I'm really excited for his family.  
Dad- What's the most common vegetable people eat?-  I would say that maybe the most common vegetable is cabbage. Usually though, people don't eat vegetables plain here.  It's usually in a dish.  I ate a lot more veggies back home. 
Mom- How much does a haircut cost there and do the places you get haircuts look sanitary? A haircut here costs about 30 pesos usually or about 75 cents.  And no, I wouldn't say that they look sanitary at all haha.  Next time I go, I'll take a picture for you.  There is black hair everywhere. 
Connor- what's the weirdest thing you've seen a person do there? There seem to be a lot of crazy people here, like literally crazy.  This week we were walking and then there was this  man in the road just screaming and then he was just punching his bicycle with his fists.  I thought that was kind of weird
Oliver- What is your favorite hymn?  That's a tough call, but right now I would say that it might be All creatures of our God and King.  I really like it because it really helps me appreciate and realize how great and magnificent all of God's creations are.  I have really enjoyed the beauty of the Philippines as well, so sometimes I like to hum it as we walk along the beach or through the forest or whatever. 
Chloe- Do you eat all three meals each day?  Usually, but sometimes I skip dinner because when we get home at night, we get done planning, and I would just rather sleep than eat because I am so exhausted.
Anyways, we are going to be leaving pretty soon, so I gotta go!  I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for your support!


Stuart is now in a three-some with Elder Gan and Elder Palzario for a few weeks.


Elder Cruz transferring to the office.

Elder Gan trying hard to be a good photographer.


Cool caterpillar

Poor Stuart got bit by some nasty ants and he had a bad reaction to it.  Ouch!

Somehow they make vinegar out of banana trees.  Don't ask me how!


Making a boat by hand.  In fact, they make everything by hand including painting the roads with a paint brush and mowing the lawns by hand using machetes!

Personalizing their trikes with interesting decor.  This one has a Seven Dwarfs theme.

Elder Palzario split his pants while out working.  They all seem to get a kick out of it!

A lot of Filipinos raise pigs for extra income.  Stuart says they get quite large!

What a cute face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment