Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30th, 2015: Getting Used to New Calling as Zone Leader

Hey! 
So, I actually don't have a lot of time to email today.  The latest update in the mission is that President Aquino has made our P-day 1` hour shorter so we can get more proselyting time in.  So, yeah. And I have to put together a training presentation for our zone training meeting tomorrow.  But, I'll answer your questions first.
Dad: how fast is the time going for you? The time goes ridiculously fast here.  Both long term and short term.  Sometimes I look at the time and then look at it again in 5 minutes and 30 minutes have past.  It's crazy. 
Brevin: have you been bitten by any strange animal or insect?  Actually I have strange bites all of the time.  I just don't know what they are from.  
Oliver: how bad are the pit stains on your clothes? Not too bad actually.  I have one shirt that I cannot get to turn white.  Just one shirt.  It just keeps getting browner and browner.  I might have to toss it soon :(
Mom: what have been some cool service projects you've worked on? This week we did a service project.  We have a member who is building a bigger bamboo house, so we helped take down her small one and transfer the reusable parts onto the big one.  Just to let you know, us 4 missionaries completely took down her house within an hour with just 2 hammers and a pliers haha.  
Bree: how hot does it get there and what does the flag look like?  Right now is the hot season here and it gets pretty hot.  I think its about 30 degrees Celsius.  I don't really know how hot that is though.  The flag here is blue red and white with a sun and three stars on it.  Maybe you can look up a picture?
Chloe: which place is prettier: Culasi or New Washington? Culasi, hands down. Culasi was unbelievable.  New Washington is also nice though.
Grandma: what do they do for Relief Society Activities  Acutally, I have no idea.  I've never heard of an organized relief society activity here. 
By the way, I did get the package this week!  Thank you all!  Thanks especially to the pictures from the primary.  I might try and get a picture there within the next couple months for them.  Thank you for all that.  We are enjoying all of the goodies here in New Washington. 
My week was pretty good. I did get kind of sick earlier this week, but I'm better now.  I just had a fever, headache, body chills, that sort of thing.  I still worked, so it wasn't that bad.  The worst part was that while I was sick we were traveling to Iloilo.  We had a two day meeting called missionary leadership council.  It was good.  I learned a lot.   I also got to see 3 of my batch mates. It's so crazy that we are all zone leaders.  It was a lot of fun though. 
Yesterday, we worked with a return missionary named Kit.  He also taught a year at the MTC here for a year, so I guess you could say he is a pretty good missionary.  He is so nice though and he is so good in the way he teaches.  I really like him, we actually kind of work with him a lot.  I'm not sure what his calling is but he is some sort of stake mission leader. 
We found a member while tracting this week too! I really love when that happens.  It's kind of like rescuing the "lost sheep".  He is a nice young man, about 23 years old.  He was baptized 15 years ago, we visited him again, and he is progressing pretty fast.  He already realizes how important the baptismal covenant he made.  I'm excited to work with him.  Anyways, I gotta go pretty soon, so halong till next week!
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment