Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 9th, 2015- Possible Transfer out of Culasi and the Madjaas Festival

Hello family!
I'm glad you guys are finally getting some warmer weather.  I, on the other hand, am way sunburned from our trip to Malalison a while ago.  
So, transfers are this Thursday, but I will probably leave early on on Wednesday.  That is if I'm transferring.  I'm about 98% sure I'm transferring.  President Aquino has pretty much told me so and it is pretty rare for people to stay longer than 6 months in one area.  I will feel really bad if I'm not though.  I told some members that Elder Kellerstrass and I will probably be transferred this week and they just flipped out and told everyone and they organized a going away party for us.  Sooo yeah.  Next time I know not to tell people if I think I'm going to be transferred. The going away party was kind of awkward, but I still appreciated it. They sat Elder Kellerstrass and I in front and went around and all told us the things they are going to remember us for.  It was so uncomfortable. We had a good time playing games and stuff though. 
As far as who I think will be the new group leader?  I don't know.  Either Elder Egama or Elder Coronel probably.  We will just have to see. 
I got to do two baptismal interviews this week for two young women in Tibiao.  One is in a part-member family and one is the now the only member in her family.  We also went to their baptism the next day.   It was a lot of fun. 
We also had the Madjaas festival this week.  I don't know if there is any possible way for you to find this song, but there is a song about Madjaas that we have seriously heard maybe about 100 times this week.  And when I say 100, I'm not joking.  It is driving us nuts.  They just blast it all day in the Banwa. But the festival has been pretty cool. A cool cultural thing as well.  
Anyways, I'll have a ton to email you next week probably in my new area, new companion, etc.  We are heading out right now, so halong for now.  
Elder Robertson


Stuart's favortie twins in Culasi- :"Thug Life x 2"

He says they are just hilarious and he will miss them probably more than anyone.

Here is a picture they took of Stu.

Same "Cheeser" fae he made when he was a baby.

The twin grandpa that got baptized last week.

Enjoying a snack with some members from the group.

Some cute kids that a friend of a member who is investigating the church rounded up
for the missionaries to teach.

Headed out to the island of Malalison,






Click here for link to the catchy Madjaas Festival Theme Song











No comments:

Post a Comment