Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 7th, 2015- The Drum Roll Competition is Competing with Missionary Work

Sorry about last week!  yeah, we had some problems with the internet last week.  I'm not really sure what happened but all of the internet shops in San Joaquin had internet problems, so the pictures didn't work last week. 

So Elder Crooks goes home next November I think.  He's still got a while 

That's weird that there is no snow yet either.  Maybe you guys won't be the only ones without a white christmas! haha.  But, yeah, the weather here is really tame right now.  It's supposed to be typhoon season, but we haven't had anything roll through yet.  It's not really raining right now either.  In fact, it's really hot here right now, which kind of scares me for the upcoming hot season.  haha, but there's nothing to worry about right now. Actually I was with Elder Mudrow a while ago and we were talking about that typhoon.  He was in Ibajay and he said that the office called them 4 days in advance and evacuated them out.  I don't know if they forgot about us in Culasi, or just didn't think it would be bad where we were or what. haha anyways.  

You know, there really isn't anything that I've been craving or anything that I would like to see in a package, but yeah, the white shirts and the ties will be nice.  Then just anything.  You've done a great job on all of them so far haha.  Actually there is one thing.  I don't know why but ever since I've got in the mission, I have had a craving for real maple syrup.  I don't know if that is possible to put in a package, but that would be sweet. 

The essays are not really coming at all to be honest.  I just wish we could email somewhere where it's not so loud.  Its hard to concetrate, but I'll keep on working on them.  

I'm still getting emails from some people.  At first though, when I got into the MTC, there was a lot of people that emailed me, but that died off pretty quick haha.

So, it sounds like transfers will be on the 31st, New Years Eve, and I'm pretty sure I'll transfer.  The AP's told me that if I wanted to stay another one, just to shoot them a text, but I don't know yet if I want to.  The area is pretty stressful to be honest haha.  

Right now in San Joaquin, people are preparing for the municipal fiesta.  There is also a drum corp competition thing for each school both Elementary and High school.  It's kind of like a marching band except no instruments except drums and bells and then there are dancers with batons.  It's like what you would see at a college football game at half time.   And they have practice every night until 10 pm, so a lot of the families that we are teaching are having trouble finding time to meet with us.We have some families where the kids just sleep at the school, so yeah.    A lot of the families we are teaching we are not able to visit until after it is done on the 16th so we are just kind of waiting for that to be finished.  It's kind of ridiculous.  

We only have one family who is seriously progressing towards baptism and that is the Valaquio family.  The rest are having trouble because of the drum corp thing.  Every body has practice on Sunday morning and then the mothers have to make food.   Their daughter is the wife of the branch president and then we are also teaching her uncle too, so those three are doing well.  We don't have a set date with them yet because we are trying to help the tatay with some word of wisdom problems, but it's looking like it's going to be in early January.  

That's all I've got again, and I really hate to say the usb portal on this but my computer that I am using is broke, soo no pictures haha.  I'm really sorry, but it's been a couple of unfortunate weeks at the computer shop.  haha

Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment