Sunday, January 3, 2016

October 11th, 2015- Finding Out What People Do With Their Bathroom Pits

I might need a new SD card, but I can just buy one here.  It's not any more expensive than in America.  My camera takes pictures, but it just won't work on a computer to transfer pictures. 

Yeah, I can't count how many times I've heard someone say that if your obediant and work hard that you will marry a pretty woman haha. 

Sounds cool how you all are losing weight and being healthy.  I miss being able to just go running where ever I wanted any time.  It's like I have no choice but to be unhealthy here.  People are always feeding us soda and crackers and cookies and then just tons of rice.  I think you would all be surprised if you could see how chubby I've gotten haha.  When I get home though, I'm starting running again right away and eating healthy again haha

I loved conference!  It was really good.  I worry about the members and everything here though because all we have is English and there aren't subtitles or anything.  I thought it was really good.  Was it just me though but, in President Monson's last talk, I though he was going to fall over or something haha.  He's getting old but I'm sure he at least a couple more years in him.  I was really impressed at the testimonies of the three new apostles though. It was easy for me to know that they really were the right people to be called.  

Funny moment that I want to write about, so we found out what people do when their bathroom pits fill up haha.  So, we were walking kind of not on a path, but in an open area, when I just hear something cracking like ice or wood, and then I hear Elder Gomez, Oh no! and I hear him fall to the ground.  I look back and there is like a 4 ft x 4ft square of concrete cracked open on the ground and elder Gomez is just on the ground laughing.  He walked over an old CR pit that they had put a concrete slab over.  When he walked over it it split open and he almost fell in, but was able to dive to the side on the ground.  I have a picture of him on the ground next to it, but MY CAMERA ugh.  It's so funny though.  We laughed for a while.  

The work here is slowly progressing here though.  That thing that I emailed you was something that we are using here with the active members to help move them out of neutral.  And we are also using it as something for our Branch missionaries to do with members to encourage referrals.  This week we got 5 referrals, which is awesome.  Some of them are really cool people too.  We are excited.  We are just trying to do our best and have an optimistic attitude.  

A thought that has been on my mind is that apparently, insanity can be described as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, so when what we are doing isn't working, we need to spend more time reflecting and planning and being creative with new ideas that can move us in a better direction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment