Sunday, January 3, 2016

September 7, 2015- Feeling Sick but Still Working

Hello!
So I'm doing great, I'm actually in Iloilo city right now!  So i had an interesting day.  I had my first experience going to a Filipino hospital!  haha.  So, I have been sick all week, but have worked a full schedule.  One day, we went looking for some former investigators in the furthest part of our area, which is from those pictures that I sent you. So, I had already had a headache before that, and the altitude of the mountain didn't really help, but then on the way down, you know how your ears are supposed to pop?  My right one didn't want to pop haha, so I kind of had what I would describe as a pressure headache, which I really have no idea how one feels, but anyways haha.  My right ear didn't pop until the night after, but even after it popped, it was like something was messed up with my ear.  It was kind of hard to hear out of it, and it's like that until now, but that's why I decided to call Sister Aquino, and then she just told me to come down today and we would go to the ear doctor.  So, yeah. Apparently, since I was sick and I had a really bad runny nose, there is a passage that links your sinuses and some part of your ear or something and some fluid got into my right ear.  Something like that.  But, he just gave me some meds, so my ear should be back to normal in a couple days.  But, the hospital that I went to was pretty nice.  I'm pretty sure it's the nicest on this island.  It's called st pauls, if you want to look it up.  It was a completely different experience than the one I had in Culasi with Elder Boligao haha.  Today was pretty tame.  haha
But, President Aquino and Sister Aquino took Elder Gomez and I out to lunch afterwards at this Mongolian buffet.  It was pretty fancy.  Really nice of them too.  
So about the Grandma thing haha wow.  Palagpat gid. haha.  Umm, no idea maybe Nanay.  That's what people use here in the philippines, or Nay, for short.  haha.  palagpat gid haha.
So, you know how I said Elder Gomez is obsessed with goats. It's so funny. I don't understand, but I think we might buy a kid goat and give it to a member or investigator to keep and then it should be big enough to eat at Christmas.  It would be about 12-15 dollars to buy a baby goat and then there is no maintenance, you just let it go ham in a field, then it would be an awesome feast on Christmas haha.  We're talking about it haha.  We don't even know if we will still be here for Christmas haha.
But, I don't know any big cell tower or cool bridge. Like always, you probably know more about the area than I do haha. Before I got transferred though, I thought all of the areas in Iloilo South zone were kind of suburbs outside the city and kind of nice areas, but man, we are out in the middle of no where.  It's so funny.  We are just out in the boondocks again.  
Well, that's all I got for today.  I also apologize for the bad letter.  I'm in good spirits though and I'm really enjoying my new area!  
Elder Robertson






No comments:

Post a Comment