Sunday, January 3, 2016

November 1st, 2015- Appreciating the Book of Mormon and Keeping a Good Attitude in Tiolas

Hello!  
So we had one funny experience this week that I haven't had yet, so we were walking out to an appointment at night, and we had a little extra time so we walked and were just kind of talking to people along the way.  We were doing that when a car pulled up on the other side of the road and started asking us something about Tiolas. There were some trucks going by so it was kind of hard to hear what he was saying, but we thought that he was asking us if we were going to Tiolas, which we were, so we kind of assumed he was going to give us a ride, so we crossed over and then Elder Gomez just goes for the door handle and then he just drives away.   We sat there kind of stunned and just laughed and then realized that he was probably asking how to get to Tiolas.  And then we go over to his car and try and get in haha.  From his point of view, he probably thought we were trying to hold up his car or something haha.  

Another thing that happened a couple weeks ago that I'm not really sure if I wrote about was that I saw a guy in San Joaquin wearing a St. Norbert football shirt. I'm like 99% sure that it was the st norberts by us because it was the same color and everything.  Pretty crazy haha.  

Yeah, but I'm not going to lie, this week was one of the more trying weeks of my mission.  We've been punted a lot and had a couple of rejections this week.  This is a good challenge for me to go through.  It just seems like though the harder I try and the better I get at the work, the harder the work gets.  I don't dare to complain though.  I just feel a great deal of gratitude for the gospel and for my responsibility God has given my in this area.  I feel very humbled and unworthy to hold such a great responsibility

So, I've finished reading the Book of Mormon again this week.  This is my 4th time finishing it here in the mission. I think the Book of Mormon is absolutely awesome.  I have made a habit of writing my testimony down every time I finish one of the standard works.  I think that the Book of Mormon has strengthened my testimony so much.  I think that the start of my testimony came from my family and from the other members, and I feel really bad that I didn't ever finish the Book of Mormon before my mission, but now, reading it, it gives a powerful witness of the restoration of the gospel.  The Book of Mormon is one of my favorite things to teach about as well.  Especially to people who are trying to reject us.  The spirit is so strong when all you can do is just leave them your testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and challenge them to read it. I don't know.  I love it so much.  I just really wish people would give it a chance.  Some people just won't read it.  It blows my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment