Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week #1 of the MTC

Sang Pamilya,

Kamusta! Things are going great here at the MTC. I'll try and give you the best lo-down I can give with the little time I am given. By the way. Feel free to share this on Facebook or where ever, but first crop out anything that might be sensitive. I trust your judgement.

So, I got your DearElder letter and the package. Thank you so much! Tell Chloe that I greatly appreciated her part in the letter and that I loved hearing from her. Also tell Connor and Oliver to send me an email! I want to hear from you guys. How's it going in Algoma?

Anyways. Utah was great. I loved seeing all the family. I loved getting to talk to Jane, Gary, and BB who all just got back from their missions. Mark, Mama, and Papa, were also great to get advice from on how to be a great missionary. Mama and Papa are so kind. They made me feel so welcomed at their home.

So Wednesday I dropped off at the MTC at around 1:30. But before we went to eat lunch at the Brick Oven near BYU and their were probably close to 20 other missionaries waiting to get dropped off too. It was just kind of funny that way. Only in Utah....

My host when I got dropped of was going to Finland. I went through a couple of buildings to get all of my language supplies, and my name tag and everything, then dropped off my stuff in my room. I then went to class where I met my companion. Elder Chapman. Elder Chapman is an interesting enough guy, but were getting along just fine. I got to class and they spoke alomst all Ilonggo. I felt kind of overwhelmed, but at the same time I felt like I was going to be just fine. I'm surrounded by people my age who are all learning crazy languages, most a lot harder than mine. I would have to say the the Cambodian missionaries look like they have the toughest language. It's just all scribbles. Crazy..
After class we went to a Welcome devotional by the MTC presidency. We started out by singing Called to Serve. Right of the bat. Just for your information I've already sang that song like 5 times. but it was just so powerful. 300 new missionaries just singing about spreading the gospel. The rest of my experience has been just as powerful as that.

My district is 4 Elders and 4 sisters I'm dorming with Elder Chapman, Elder Mudrow, and Elder Staples. Their all great guys. All from Utah. Elder Staples is our district leader as of last night. I'll get you guys a picture as soon as I get time to take one.

To give you an idea how fast were moving along with this program, Elder Chapman are teaching an "Investigator" a lesson tomorrow, all in Ilonggo. So, I have been praying pretty hard that the spirit will be with us because we are not going to be able to do that by ourselves! Haha, but seriously kinda scared for that.

Alright, I just sent that part because we had to go switch our laundry to the dryer.

So, we have these ID cards that we have to swipe to get into all of the buildings and every week we get 6 dollars allowance on it! The sisters get 8 dollars a week. I don't know why. I feel a bit aof favoritism in that. So, that's pretty exciting. I don't know what I'm going to get with it yet... probably just some candy.

The food has been great. They have probably 5 or 6 meal options every time. Eat as much as you want. It's great. Tell Natalie that I know what she was talking about now. You eat all that food and then you just sit in class for 13 hours a day, and you get some pretty bad gas. Everybody's got it. haha.

I got to go to the temple this morning. Elder Chapman and I were running a bit late this morning. while we were already half way there we discovered that Elder Chapman had forgot his recommend so we had to go back to residence, so we ended up running up the hill to the temple. We were about 10 minutes late, but we still made it.

As far as exercising goes, we get an hour of exercise time 5 days a week. We have only had one day of that so far though. Right off the bat, I jumped up and touched the net on the basketball hoop and another guy's like, "Hey Elder don 't do that. Just wait there. I'm going to need to talk to you." So I got slapped on the wrist and got talked to for like 5 minutes on obedience. He said that he would have taken away my gym privileges for I while, but it was my first time. So, that was great... I actually didn't know that was a rule, but I just kind of laughed. \

There's an indoor track above the gym. The record mile time is 4 37, so I might just train every day and see if I can take down that record in 6 weeks. We'll see how I'm feeling haha.

Well, I'm out of time so I'll email you guys next Friday.. I think.
I'll just leave you with my testimony that I know this is Christ's true gospel, and I'm loving being a missionary.

Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment